Under Legislative Decree no. 196/2003 and article 12 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679, the NGO “Azione per un Mondo Unito – Onlus” (hereinafter AMU) informs its supporters and beneficiaries with regard to the use of their personal data, including data defined as “sensitive” (as an example only: data on the general state of health, information about religious conviction, information relating to racial origins), collected from the data subjects. Normally, the processing of such data is not necessary for the implementation of the project, and the data processed by AMU are not of a sensitive nature.
Nonetheless, the AMU has taken a number of measures to protect the security and confidentiality of data, in implementation of Legislative Decree 196/2003 and Regulation (EU) 2016/679, including the adoption of the policy on the processing of personal data.
Users’ personal data will be processed as specified below.
- Purpose of the data processing
The personal data collected and processed are:
- a) data provided spontaneously by supporters to enable support for the project to be completed (credit card data, current account data, email, etc.).
- b) data provided by the beneficiaries of the project to enable the project to be completed (personal identification data, bank account data, email, address, etc.).
These data are processed exclusively to pursue the NGO’s institutional purposes.
- Processing methods
The collection of data is carried out in compliance with the principles of lawfulness, correctness, pertinence, completeness, non-excessiveness and transparency, provided for by the law and in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
The processing of data is normally carried out with the aid of computerised and telematic tools designed to store and manage the data itself; in some phases it may be carried out in paper form, nonetheless in such a way as to guarantee its security and to protect the confidentiality of the data subject.
- Nature of data provision and consequences of refusal
The provision of data is, in general, compulsory. Failure to provide the data referred to in point 1, letters a) and b) above, precludes the establishment and continuation of the project undertaken with the NGO.
- Subjects of the data processing
The Owner of the data provided by you is “Azione per un Mondo Unito – Onlus”, with headquarters in Via Cavalieri di Vittorio Veneto, 11 in Grottaferrata (RM) Italy, in the person of its pro tempore legal representative.
- Categories of persons to whom the data may be communicated or who may become aware of the data in their capacity as data processors or persons in charge of data processing
The personal data of the users may be known and processed, in compliance with the applicable law, by personnel explicitly appointed for the processing.
The data given to the NGO may be communicated to other subjects. In particular, they may be communicated to:
- Partner subjects of the NGO exclusively to pursue the purpose of the project;
- the National Institute for Social Security (Istituto nazionale della previdenza sociale’ (Inps)) and other social security institutions where applicable (beneficiaries);
- Medical studies in fulfilment of obligations regarding health and safety at work (beneficiaries);
- Insurance companies for work-related accidents (beneficiaries)
- Bodies responsible for reporting on the NGO’s activities;
- Some external subjects, identified as external data processors;
Such data may be communicated to subjects and entities engaged in studies or activities with historical, statistical or scientific purposes, always in compliance with the principles set out in point 2.
Sensitive and judicial data may be communicated in the context of pursuing the purposes indicated above, only where required by law or regulation. This is without prejudice, in any case, to the communication or dissemination of data required, in accordance with the law, by police forces, judicial authorities, information and security bodies or other public entities for the purposes of defence, state security and crime detection, as well as the communication to judicial authorities in compliance with legal obligations, where criminal offences are detected.
The data may also be communicated to certain external parties, identified as external data processors (e.g. IT Manager) or operating in the capacity of autonomous data controllers (e.g.: public parties in charge of managing contributions to development projects, partners in development activities).
Apart from the aforementioned cases, personal data are not in any way and for any reason communicated or disclosed to third parties.
- Rights of the data subject
Pursuant to Articles 13 and 14 et seq. of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 your rights with regard to the processing of data provided by you are to:
- A) revoke at any time your consent to the processing of data; obtain confirmation of the existence or otherwise of personal data concerning you, even if not yet recorded, and their communication in intelligible form;
- B) obtain indication of the
1) origin of the personal data;
2) purposes and methods of processing
3) logic applied in the event of processing carried out with the aid of electronic instruments
4) identity of the data controller, data processors and the representative designated pursuant to Article 5(2)
5) subjects or categories of subjects to whom the personal data may be communicated or who may become aware of the data in their capacity as designated representative in the State territory, managers or appointees.
- C) obtain the:
1) updating, rectification or, when interested, the integration of the data;
2) portability of the data to another subject;
3) cancellation, transformation into anonymous form or blocking of data processed in breach of the law, including data whose retention is unnecessary for the purposes for which the data were collected or subsequently processed;
4) certification that the operations referred to in letters a) and b) have been brought to the attention, also as regards their content, of those to whom the data have been communicated or disseminated, unless this requirement proves impossible or involves the use of means manifestly disproportionate to the protected right.
- D) object, in whole or in part,
1) for legitimate reasons, to the processing of personal data concerning you, even if pertinent to the purpose of collection;
2) to the processing of personal data concerning you for the purposes of sending advertising or direct sales material or for carrying out market research or marketing communication.
- E) In the event of breaches in the processing of personal data, the data subject has the right to lodge a complaint with the Italian Data Protection Authority (http://www.garanteprivacy.it/).
The rights referred to in Articles 13 and 14 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 are exercised by means of a request made without formality to the data controller or data processor, including through an appointee. The request will be answered without delay.
- Please note that personal data will be stored for a period not exceeding 10 years from the end of the relationship.
The above-mentioned rights can be exercised by contacting “Azione per un Mondo Unito – Onlus”, with head office in Via Cavalieri di Vittorio Veneto, 11 in Grottaferrata (RM), in the person of its pro tempore legal representative, or by writing to email@example.com